Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Petty wedding was one for the books. Simple. Beautiful. I love them both....It was good to get a glimpse of those mountains one last time for a little while and not too mention the wonderful people who live in them.

"Well, I guess that cat's out of the bagel...I saw that on Rugrats."

Classes start Monday. I have, no clue what to expect. I'm starting to think that diving in may be the only way to adjust.

I walked the dam today, 3 miles total.
Alone time was needed and I see it happening more.
Those 5 towers on one side, and the Columbia skyline on the other reminded me that I'm home. Reality of circumstances along with their intimidation crept in and there is more to come, no doubt. But at the end of the day, I have truth. I know where I stand just as much as I know where I don't.


“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day,
family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery,
separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home,
salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion,
patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy,
rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.”
-Johnny Cash

3 comments:

Megan said...

you rock my world. thanks for helping me decompress (ice cream sandwiches and grey's anatomy! hell yeah!) after a wild day. i'm so glad you are here to stay.

Dan said...

i'm so freakin' lame.

meganlee said...

you and your blogs take me to a place of peace.

and i can't tell you how badly i need that right now.


well, you know.